GLG Principal Peter Grenier was recently quoted extensively in an article in Washingtonian magazine discussing how pets are handled under the law. In the article, Mr. Grenier discusses potential recoveries available to a person whose pet is harmed through another’s negligence. According to Mr. Grenier, while recovery for medical bills may be capped at the “fair market value” of the pet under the law, a recent Maryland appellate court opinion holds that owners may be able to recover damages for his or her own emotional distress. The article is available here.
- The fire that never should have happened: Peter Grenier’s WUSA9 interview on the fire that killed nine-year-old Yafet Solomen, GLG client.
- Washington Post Article: Peter Grenier Quoted on FedEx Field Railing Collapse
- FedEx Field Railing Collapse
- A violent crash, a $106 million judgment and the embrace that brought closure
- Peter Grenier Presents on Crafting Superior Demand Letters